Were we to apprehend 'the heart of God' through all of the Scriptures on all
matters, God would still be more than our 'apprehension'. Why? God is God
and we're  us.

As to 'contradictions': they may well exist within (1) the Scriptures
themselves(possible) (2) our 'readings' of them(certain).Logic, formally
understood, cannot always be used as an arbiter of apparent contradictions.
(John 3 'VS' Romans 9). Provisionally, I believe that John 3:16  more
closely reflects the 'heart of God' than the 'reading' of Romans 9. As
Beretta used to say: 'dats da name of dat tune''
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] Did God hate or love Esau?

> Izzy replies: I have replaced the original posts for clarity. Yes, there
is SOMETHING to give rise to my question, John.  God said He hated Esau
forever.  You used John 3:16 to say that God loves Esau.  So you have used
Jn3:16 to cancel out the meaning of a previous scripture that you donât
like. All the word studies in the world will not make the original word for
âhatedâ mean âlovedâ.  But you seem to doggedly stick to that opinion
because you would rather make scripture conform to your theology than make
your theology conform to scripture. I see not other possible explanation. So
you can either discuss it reasonable or resort to anger. Which would you
prefer?

> JOHN REPLIES.   A WORD STUDY JUST MIGHT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.   BY THE WAY  -
HOW DO YOU SOLVE THE PROBLEM.   SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF
RECONCILING THE TWO PASSAGES.   LOOKS LIKE ROMANS 9:13 IS IN AND JOHN 3:16
IS OUT.