Slade wrote:
(1) did Avraham have a participation in the
construction of the Covenant?
(2) Was he a participant in the particulars of
the agreement (i.e., was there something for
Avraham to do once the covenant was cut)?
The answers from slade's perspective is
(1) NO. (2) YES.

In regards to number 1, nobody on this list has ever suggested such a thing, and I don't think I have EVER heard any Christian ever suggest that Abraham had a participation in the construction of the covenant. Have you? This really should not have been a possibility in your understanding of my question.

God approached Abraham with a covenant. The construction of the covenant was entirely by God without any input from Abraham. It was God's proposal to Abraham, and he accepted it. Abraham became an active participant in this covenant. I am encouraged that most of you see this. Given the uncomfortableness people have discussing this issue with me, I will leave it at that for now.

p.s. Don't worry, Slade. I won't show up at your home with my Bible under my arm just yet. :-)

---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org