John wrote:
Was his [Abraham's] obedience necessary to the
continuance and fulfillment of the covenant promise?

Yes. It says so right there in the articles of the covenant.

Slade wrote:
That is a HUGE question, John. If Avraham's obedience
was a necessary component to the continuance of the covenant,
we're in a heap of..... well, you know :)!

Not really. Abraham's obedience benefited his descendants in the same way that Christ's obedience benefits us. The disobedience of Abraham's descendants caused them not to receive the promises and benefits of the Abrahamic covenant just as our own lack of faith and disobedience would cause us not to inherit the promises of Christ.

Quite frankly, Slade, sometimes I think I am more for keeping the Torah of God than you are. Is that possible? :-)

---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org