This is no different than what DeHaan did with his shady use of Greek words. It is dishonest.

KD SAYS The editors of the DIFFERENT Greek Editions are Masters of the word game like masters of 2 card Monty. Watch carefully.

Romans 3 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God

"... ‘blood’ is used in this passage [Romans 3:25] in the same way that it is used in a number of other places in the New Testament, that is, to indicate a violent death. ... Although this noun [propitiation] (and its related forms) is sometimes used by pagan writers in the sense of propitiation (that is, an act to appease or placate a god), it is never used this way in the Old Testament." EUGENE NIDA  A Translator’s Handbook on Paul’s Letter to the Romans (UBS translations department Secretary and father of Dynamic Equivalency)

Where is God's SURE WORD?

I still am not settled with which GREEK? Especially troublesome is that they contradict one another! Aleph 1, Aleph 2, Aleph 3, B1, B2, B3, C, L, W, Textus Receptus, W/H, Scrivener’s, Alfred, Griesbach, Elzevir, Erasmus, Tischendorf, Lachman, Souter, von, Soden, Hodge-Farstad, If it is Nestle’s-Aland which edition 1-27?

Which  Printing? UBS-Aland, Black, Metzger, Wiggren?

Why have so many Scholars departed from the faith while sorting thru the pile?

By what Authority do "scholars" change the very words of God?

Silence is golden, No Answers from the cult of the Greek!

http://av1611.com/kjbp/articles/coats-twolies.html

“The Two Lies,” by Daryl R. Coats The "doctrine" that an idea which can be expressed in Hebrew or Greek somehow can't be expressed in English (even though a large portion of Greek vocabulary has been absorbed into the English vocabulary, the largest of any language in history) is nothing but "scholarly" ethnocentricity. The fact that the Bible in English is still the word of God has not stopped a vast number of preachers, teachers, and scholars from saying otherwise: "What this means in the original Greek"; "a better translation would be"; "the Hebrew actually says . . . " I have yet to see an example of "going back to the Greek" that was not a waste of time for one or both of these reasons: (1) the passage in question was clear to begin with; or (2) the word(s) in question could be explained by a dictionary instead of a lexicon.

"Going back to the Greek" is usually a good, "scholarly, acceptable" way of getting rid of distasteful doctrines and/or setting up scholarship as a final authority. For example, here is how most scholars and expositors explain what "inspired" means: "The phrase 'given by inspiration of God' is all one word in the Greek, theopneustos - literally, God breathed." Yet when I look up "theopneustos" in my lexicon, I find only this: "given by inspiration of God."

The Greek game is like chasing your tail.

Bill Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Judy,

You started out criticizing what I had said about those who have tendencies, but are not acting upon them. You did that with these words: "People who have been made free in Christ no longer have "those tendencies"  Jesus not only paid the price for our sin, he also gives us freedom from the power of it in our lives when we come to Him with our whole heart."

I then responded to you and asked that you reconsider what you had said. Instead of doing that, you pulled a switch on us: "I'm not saying that I am never tempted Bill or that I am not dealing with my own family stuff - that's just a fact of life and God allows us to be tested. He also allows Satan to come periodically to check our foundation so we are forewarned.  But I don't believe that after a genuine conversion God leaves anyone with uncontrollable tendencies (unless they want them)." Do you see how you change the dynamics of our conversation when you add a new word to mine? You added "uncontrollable" to what I had said about tendencies, in effect producing the antithesis of my assertion that these people were no longer acting upon their tendencies. This is called a straw-man, Judy. It is proof positive that you cannot deal with what I said based upon the merits of my argument. Instead you have to change the argument to fit with your defense. This is no different than what DeHaan did with his shady use of Greek words. It is dishonest. It is also why I grow so weary of dialoguing with you. The rest of your statement rests upon this fallacy and is therefore of no concern to me. Please do not respond to any more of my posts for a while.

Bill