In a message dated 3/19/2005 11:50:53 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

1 CO 5:13 But THEM that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Hey Kevin ---  see you are in good spirits, you big lug   :-)

So you apparently think that the wicked person in I Co 5 is excluded all together and for all time  ................   unless, of course, he returns to the same degree of goodness that must Shirley possess.   Might try reading II Corinthians  (its the next book over  --  my right and your left).   Go to 2:5-8.   We find Paul "calling off the dogs."   Enough is enough.   Bring the poor guy back in.    Most of you gummy bear-types think church "discipline" is for  maintenance of the purity of the flock.    The very act of corporate discipline (Matt 18) if put into practice per this scriptural instruction would take years to impliment in a congregation of, perhaps, three or four hundred.  You should read the passage some time.  Another good read is II Thes 3 and, yet,  another passage on corporate discipline.  In the midst of all this exclusionary activity, Paul reminds the readers that they remain "brothers" with the excluded one  (3:15).   The diciplined person does  not cease to be included in the family of God.   The Father remains his Father.

Straw dog argument?  You took Lamentations 3:22, completely ignore Caroline's explanation of the passage, made this statement  " WE are not consumed because We are those that are SAVED THEM that die a second death will be CUT OFF, "  confusing "we" and the children of Israel and then pretended that you actually solved the problem.   Straw dog?!!   I don't think so.   You did EXACTLY what I predicted.

Your older brother,

JD   -  a really nice guy