DAVEH:   Forgive me for jumping into this discussion, DavidM & Terry.  I'll change the subject line.....

Terry Clifton wrote:
  I see apostles as only those who have seen Jesus face to face.
DAVEH:  ???   Weren't there some Bible apostles who had not seen Jesus face to face?   e.g. Barnabas
Prophets are scattered throughout the Bible as God has had need of one.  Why they would be necessary in every gathering is beyond me.
DAVEH:   Perhaps they would be necessary for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry until we come in the unity of faith, as Paul suggested.  (Eph 4:11-14)
Terry

--
Dave Hansen