JD wrote:
> Who says this is not an esstential?  You?
> DM?   And what are these "essentials/"
> None of you fundies ever get around to
> answering that question.   Do you all think
> this goes unnoticed?

Well, I'm not a fundy, but I will try to answer this for you.

First, let me say that contrary to your false characterization of me, I do
not believe that there is any list of doctrines that must be adhered to in
order to be saved.  God is not sitting at this throne with a check list of
ideas that people must accept in order to enter.  Rather, our doctrines
determine who we are and how we live out our lives.  At least this is true
for those who are honest.  Dishonest people are another matter entirely.

So how do we determine essential doctrines?  Well, that is about as easy as
understanding the essential nutrients needed for a body to live.  Take away
water.  Guess what.  Kid dies.  Take away all food.  Guess what.  Kid dies.
Withhold all vitamin D.  Guess what.  Kid gets sick.  Limit protein.  Guess
what.  Kid becomes scrawny.

Now consider alternatives.  One kid drinks orange juice everyday.  Another
kid hates orange juice and never drinks it.  Can they both grow up well?
Yes.  One kid drinks milk every day, another hates milk.  Same conclusion.
One kid eats meat everyday, but another rarely eats meat.  They both can
grow up fine.

The point is that although there are essentials, there are various ways of
getting those essentials.  We best determine whether those essentials are
being received by the effect on the person's growth.

For a person to truly walk in love, he must put faith in Jesus Christ.
Lot's of people claim to have faith in Jesus Christ, but do they really?
The test is whether they walk in love and obey his commandments.  I have
seen people who don't understand Romans 7 one bit, or know anything about
Trinity or sabellianism or flesh or spirit, but they love God with all their
heart and walk in his commandments.  Guess what.  They have the essentials.
I have seen other who deny Jesus Christ and do not keep his commandments.
Guess what.  They do not have the essentials.

I don't know if my comments will help you see any better, but I tried.
Sometimes we don't answer your questions because we expect we won't get
through and will instead just get attacked for trying to answer.  I hope
such does not happen this time.