John wrote:
> But don't you see that if we regard gluttony
> and homosexuality the same,  we cannot
> order anyone out of our churches?   Where
> would we be if sinners were actually allowed
> and even encouraged to attend?

If a person in the church professing to be a brother in Christ believed that
he had a civil right to be a glutton, and that people in the church were
wrong to consider gluttony a sin, then that person should be put out of the
church.  I a fellow believer was promoting gluttony through advocacy in the
church, that person should be rebuked, and if he did believe that he needed
to repent of such, he should be put out of the church.

This is not about treating one sin different from another.   It is about a
great deception concerning the sinfulness of homosexuality.  It is about a
false stereotype toward those who teach sound doctrine.  It is about bigotry
against those who embrace the apostle's doctrrine.