A Dissabte, 6 d'agost de 2011 20:04:33, Cédric Krier va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose to drop 'author', 'email' and 'website' from
> __tryton__.py
> Those informations are duplicate with the content of COPYRIGHT and most of
> the time doesn't reflect the reality.

In our experience those fields are good to have. Companies like to have
visibility and this is a good way to promote the company while contributing at
the same time. In OpenERP we've gained customers because they searched for the
companies that had contributed the most to the project.

In Spanish localization several modules have been developed by several
companies and in those cases, several names are added in the 'author' entry
and sometimes simply "Spanish Localization Team" is shown. Usually companies
only add themselves there if they have added a significant improvement or
refactoring and have had no problems so far with this.

Of course, that information could always be calculated out of the COPYRIGHT
but that would probably take too much effort for this need, but it is an idea
to keep that up to date.

--
Albert Cervera i Areny
http://www.NaN-tic.com