* Betr.: " Re: [tryton-dev] Change in __tryton__.py" (Sat, 6 Aug 2011 20:18:12
  +0200):

> A Dissabte, 6 d'agost de 2011 20:04:33, Cédric Krier va escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to propose to drop 'author', 'email' and 'website' from
> > __tryton__.py
> > Those informations are duplicate with the content of COPYRIGHT and most of
> > the time doesn't reflect the reality.
>
> In our experience those fields are good to have. Companies like to have
> visibility and this is a good way to promote the company while contributing
> at the same time. In OpenERP we've gained customers because they searched for
> the companies that had contributed the most to the project.
>
> In Spanish localization several modules have been developed by several
> companies and in those cases, several names are added in the 'author' entry
> and sometimes simply "Spanish Localization Team" is shown. Usually companies
> only add themselves there if they have added a significant improvement or
> refactoring and have had no problems so far with this.
>
> Of course, that information could always be calculated out of the COPYRIGHT
> but that would probably take too much effort for this need, but it is an idea
> to keep that up to date.

+1 for keeping current state.

author != copyright owner, i.e. you can give copyright to FSF.
website is not in copyright.

--

    Mathias Behrle
    MBSolutions

    Tel: +49(761)471023
    Fax: +49(761)4770816
    http://m9s.biz
    UStIdNr: DE 142009020
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6