On 07/08/11 00:34 +0200, Albert Cervera i Areny wrote:
> A Diumenge, 7 d'agost de 2011 00:24:27, Cédric Krier va escriure:

> > > Customers know abouth the GUI, one cannot ask them to take a look at a
> > > file in  the server.
> >
> > Indeed we don't care about customers. Tryton is a free-software project, we
> > must care about users.
> > Those informations are available at the time they need to be which is when
> > the software is installed.
>
> I think most free-software projects will do their best to find new sponsors
> (which is what customers are) even more if all that is needed is keeping a
> single field in the database.

Sorry but I disagree. The goal of Tryton is not to find "sponsors" but
creating a software. We don't care if the contributors are paid or not and by
who.

> You can still keep the field empty in all core
> Tryton modules

We don't keep in the core stuff that are not used.

> but let third parties fill in that field if they feel it helps
> them get more sponsors.

It still needs to be proved.

> I would agree if that would be a disadvantage for
> users but I don't see how it can be a problem for them.

Simply because of KISS principle.

PS: could you please stop CC on private email when answering on mailing?
--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL
Rue de Rotterdam, 4