On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Nicolas Évrard <nicolas.evr...@b2ck.com> wrote:
> * Luis Falcon  [2011-11-17 15:48 +0100]:

>>> We will see if it will be achieved.
>>
>> What do you mean ? We will achieve it. If it's included we should,
>> otherwise don't publish it. People expectations are high on this and
>> this is not a game.
>
> According to me goals are goals that we want to achieve. It may
> happen, the focus is on those points but I may not happen.
>
> We are in a free software world, it will happen if anybody is ready
> to work on it and if anybody has time for it. If one of those
> condition is not met, it will not happen ; if a more important stuff
> arise in the community (I don't know what but who knows), it will not
> happen ; etc … Moreover, this point is IMHO not more important than
> some others. To change that either you do it yourself or you pay
> someone to do it : this is free software.

I don't agree. I believe we need to have commitment in what we talk,
suggest and write. A project must meet and deliver its goals. Then, of
course, in rare circumstances, something might not be delivered on
time, but that would be just an exception.

What we can't do is getting do meeting in Belgium, move people around
from many countries around the world, agreed on the production module
and now say "we'll see if it happens...." or "this is free software
world and things might not happen". Is just not serious.

Same with the homepage.... quite a few people worked on design, made
proposals, etc... and nothing happened yet, even though most of us
wanted to update it. Things get washed away but discussions about
templates / vim / Sphinx and other curiosities....

Don't get me wrong. This is a great project and that's why a lot of us
are here, contributing and supporting it, but we need to deliver the
goals, otherwise it will become chaotic and unpredictable.

PS: Time to have the Tryton foundation.

> In summary : do not take this roadmap as marketing material because it
> may not happen. This is what we think will happen but there is no 100%
> accuracy on this (some will, some will not : look at the other
> roadmaps).

Marketing ? This has nothing to do with marketing.

> --
> Nicolas Évrard
>
> B2CK SPRL
> rue de Rotterdam, 4