On 2015-06-16 12:28, Jordi Esteve wrote:
> On 16/06/15 10:01, Nicolas Évrard wrote:
> >* Roberto Novaes  [2015-06-15 21:33 +0200]:
> >>I cannot say about the German friends and their process. Sometimes if we
> >>are used to do something in a certain way, it certainly troublesome to
> >>change. But I think the pootle alternative is much user friendly than
> >>the
> >>former process. Congrats!
> >
> >One thing that pootle adds also is the sanity checks it does on the
> >translations (escape sequences, line breaks, printf, …) it's a kind of
> >flake8 for translations and it already found a few bugs in the French
> >translations.
> >
> >So yes the process has changed, and for teams that were use to the
> >previous one and that were working great with this process it might be
> >a disturbing change but the advantages for the project as a whole
> >seems to outweigh the disturbance.
> >

> I have been tested pootle today and I agree it offers lot of advantages to
> the translation process like suggestions or a general vision of languages
> and terms to translate.
>
> At the moment I only see 3 inconveniences that slows down the translation
> process in pootle:
>
> 1) I can not order the terms to translate. In Tryton there is a lot of terms
> with the same origin text, and if the translations are ordered by origin or
> translate text, the translation process could be speed up.

You can create a terminology to get suggestion:
http://pootle.readthedocs.org/en/latest/features/terminology.html

> 2) I can not filter terms by the type of the translation, for example to see
> only terms related to errors or terms related to helps. In other words, the
> Type field of tryton translation terms is missing.

I don't see how this can improve anything. Such context is usefull to
know how to translate but nothing to compare.

> 3) I can not see how the translated terms are seen in a tryton server at the
> same time they are translated. We must export them from pootle to a tryton
> test server.

There is no need to see that. You just have to get the same look/size as
the source. And more over, you get the context which brings you hint on
how it will be displayed.

> Maybe there is a trick for doing points 1) and 2) but I am not found them.
> For point 3) could help downloading all .po files for a language in one
> step, there is a Dowload (.zip) option inside a language but it does not
> work because the link is broken.

Download is fixed.

But clearly we are entering in a new area for Tryton translation which
will be much more collaborative and crowded. More eyes will bring better
quality and indeed it is already the case for the french translation.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com