On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 02:46:55PM -0700, Jon Stevens wrote:
> It should use templates. I
> think that the TableMaps should be populated from the Schema. The reason is
> that XML is not the end all solution for everything. Most people use tools
> that generate a Schema, not an XML file. The people who are not even using
> those tools generally just generate a Schema themselves by hand, not an XML
> file.

Why not design the design the system in a modular way so that either a schema
parser or an XML parser can be layered on an underlying engine. That way
it doesn't get tied to a particular DB's schema syntax either. Then its
up to us to write the parser we want if it's not there.

-
Sean Legassick
[EMAIL PROTECTED]