From: "haleh mahbod" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: Suggestions for Tuscany SCA documenation?

> Hi Shelita,
> Welcome to Tuscany. We definitly need help with documentation :)
>
> A starting point might be a user giude on  how to develop a simple SCA
> application. This document can then incrementally grow to  cover more
> advanced topics.
>
> Another project might be to work on an SCA user doc with examples. This
> would provide a quick reference to SCA rather than requiring people to
> read
> all the specifications.
>
> I would be happy to join you in this effort. We can start using
Confluence
> Wiki to work on the documents.
>
> Does the 'user guide' sound like a good starting point for you?
>
> What do others think?
>
> Haleh
>

> On 2/7/07, Rick Rineholt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> If your totally new to SCA/Tuscany having a fresh pair of eyes looking
>> at first understanding SCA, looking at our website how easy it is to
>> find resources, how well those were, then moving on to the samples in
M2
>> and then try and understand how contribute to Tuscany itself and along
>> the way provide feedback and updates can be always beneficial.  I think
>> that's ground anyone first starting out would initially have to cover
>> some degree or another.
>> If your not new, you'll need to give some background and where your
>> interests are in general.
>> .
>> Shelita Overton wrote:
>> > Hi I would like to help with creating some documenation for Tuscany
>> > SCA...
>> > Does anyone have any suggestions on what should be covered first?
>> > Priority?
>> > Any content that could be used as a starting point?
>> >
>> > ~Shelita Overton

Hi

Having looked a Java SCA in the M1 days I'd like to get back into it to
start investigating how it fits in with the other runtimes we have. So if
you're making beginners docs I'm happy to review it and try it out (or help
with it if you want me to). Looking at the link pasted in this thread (
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Getting+Started.) is
there going to be a distinction between setting up for developers vs users?
Also I note that there is a very early page on building SCA (
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Building+SCA+for+Java)
very little info in it now but we should not try to make competing pages.

Once the basic getting started guide is done, i.e. how do I install Tuscany
and run the samples, I agree with the suggestion of a user guide to take the
user through development of a first simple application.

Regards