Hi Shelita,

I'd like to partner with you on writing some documentation and had also
started a page on the wiki @
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Building+SCA+for+Javawhich
has some overlap with Raymonds more recent addition.

How about we break the getting starting down into a number of smaller pages
so we can work on them more easily. I propose:

User Guide
   + Getting Tuscnay's Java SCA
           + Choosing between a package runtime and building your own
           + Downloading and installing a release
           + (use the the approach I'm experimenting with @
http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg13707.html)
           + Setting up a build environment
           + Choosing a source / understanding the source tree
           + Building - which bits to build
                 + Debugging build issues
                 + Build tips (eg. use of mvn -fn to continue building
despite test case failures)
   + Setting up an "SCA Developer" environment (cover both command line and
IDEs (Eclipse and others)) suitable for a user of Tuscany (as opposed to a
developer of)
   + Developing a simple SCA composite containing a single component
           + Initial project setup (is there an alternative to maven ?)
           + Developing a simple component
           + Unit testing and debugging a component
   + Composing components into composites
           + Exposing the composite to the outside world (define the
service binding)
                   + Web Services, JMS etc
           + Resolving dependencies not contained in the composite
(defining the reference bindings)
                   + Web Services, JMS - others ?
           + Reusing components in composites
   + Deploying to server runtime (eg. tomcat & geronimo ?)
   ( + Managing / monitor / changing components & composites )

I think it might also bring up some interesting things to consider... for
example, "How can I reuse components in a composite without copying it from
another project ?"

If folks agree with this structure (or similar) then I'll go ahead and
create it - I think it would be a good idea to agree some structure upfront
to avoid duplication (which seems likely unless we have one author).

WDYT ?
Dan