+1

I'm not sure that the proposal is exactly "Rewrite kernel model to be based
on interfaces" but for the sake of this vote I'm +1.

Note also that the current trunk code has been undergoing major changes
recently/currently anyway and has already made major changes to the
extension SPIs with more to come. If there's going to be impact by this
modularization/componentization work then now seems a perfect time for that
to happen.

  ...ant