Jeremy, I don't understand your last comment:

> I can't ack this for the ASF - that has to be done by an Officer as
> described in the IP Clearance process. They would probably want
> something official from IBM (Software Grant).

By attaching the two files to the JIRA, and selecting the "Grant license
to ASF ..." button, I (on behalf of IBM) am contributing the classes. If I
didn't have the right to do that, I would obviously be personally liable.
How is this contribution different from any other contributed source
files?

What I was specifically asking is whether there is some stringent timeline
issue that I still need to deal with? The code had been in SVN before the
license was officially granted.

Thanks,
Frank.