On 8/11/07, Raymond Feng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We put together a demo [1] on Tuscany/Geronimo integration for the
> LinuxWorld 2007. You are welcome to play with it and give us feedback.
>
> Please follow the instructions at
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/rfeng/geronimo-demo/README.TXT
> .
> The demo scenario is captured at
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/rfeng/geronimo-demo/scenario.png
> .
>
> The demo is built on top of the sandbox code in Geronimo [2] which is
> discussed on [3].
>
> Please note this is just the starting of effort and there are still quite
> lot to do. Please join us on this effort.
>
> In the near term, I believe that we need to do the following:
>
> 1) Move the code out of sandbox and have them in the build with test
> cases.
> 2) The tuscany-geronimo-plugin uses mixed versions of Tuscany Java SCA
> 0.91-incubating and 1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT. Let's try to switch to
> 1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT so that we have consistent modules.

After switching to 1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT, I have run into a
NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/tuscany/sca/assembly/DefaultSCABindingFactory.

3) The Geronimo 2.0 RC1 is not being voted on. We should be prepared to move
> this level. Vamsi, do you have the JIRA GERONIMO-3351 [4] fixed in the
> RC1?

GERONIMO-3351 has not been integrated into 2.0 release.  Part of the problem
is addressed in branches\2.0 and trunk.  It affects only SNAPSHOT
dependencies and there is some discussion on whether the downloaded version
(if it is different from SNAPSHOT) should be renamed, by the plugin
installer, to SNAPSHOT or the dependency resolution is Geronimo should
handle it in a different way.  The problem we have run into is in
conjunction with another problem that occurs when a trailing "/" is not
present in the maven repo URL.  This has been fixed in branches\2.0 and
trunk (not in 2.0 release though) and the work around for this is to put
that trailing "/" in the maven repo URLs in geronimo-plugin.xml.  These two
fixes will (most likely, but not guaranteed) go into 2.0.1 due to be
released soon (probably this week).

[1]