ant elder wrote:
Please review and vote on the 1.0 release artifacts of Tuscany SCA for Java.

The SVN tag for the release is:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/1.0-RC3a/

The artifacts are available for review at:
http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/1.0-RC3a/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eantelder/tuscany/1.0-RC3a/>

This includes the signed binary and source distributions, the RAT reports,
and
the Maven staging repository.

Many thanks,

   ...ant

I reviewed the RC3a source and binary distributions.

The RAT reports, LICENSE, NOTICE, README and BUILDING look OK.

Found a very minor bug in INSTALL, which still says 0.91 instead of 1.0.

Successfully built the source distribution, although ibibio and java.net were very slow today and it took forever for Maven to download all the dependencies.

Ran most command line samples on Linux RHEL5. I Ran into JIRA TUSCANY-1752 with the XQuery sample Ant script and found two workarounds, (1) use the java command as described in the README, or (2) rebuild it from source using Maven as described in the README as well.

Ran Maven-built and Ant-built Webapp samples on Tomcat 6.0.1.4.

Ran Maven-built and Ant-built Webapp samples on WebSphere 6.1.0.9 and only found two minor issues: - JIRA TUSCANY-1768, sample helloworld-dojo does not work on WebSphere (already known from previous test rounds) - JIRA TUSCANY-1769, sample helloworld-ws-sdo built from Ant contains duplicate copies of the SDO generated classes. I found two simple workarounds, (1) remove line 76 from build.xml <fileset dir="target/sdo-source"/>, or (2) build the sample with Maven as described in the README instead of Ant.

These are very minor bugs that we'll have to fix in the next release. Many Thanks to everybody who contributed to the release and to Ant our release manager for getting it in such a good shape!

Here's my +1 to release RC3a!