Simon Laws wrote:

Hi Mike

Sticking a pin in the specs it does say what you are saying. I was thinking
"must support" as opposed to "must use" on the service side. Within an SCA
domain in Tuscany I believe that the binding matching code will fail to
match soap.1_1 and soap.1_2 intents. Crossing the domain boundary what would
be the intended action if a soap 1.1 message arrived at a service that is
marked as soap 1.2. A response indicating that the message is not
understood?

Simon

Simon,

The SOAP 1.2 spec itself deals with what happens on a version mismatch of this kind and it describes in detail the error response message that must be sent under circumstance where the versions do mismatch in exactly this way.

Yours,  Mike.

PS Maybe Axis does not follow the SOAP 1.2 spec....