On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 5:32 AM, Wesley McGee <wesley.mc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you really imagine this to happen? To think like that is absurd. We don't
> know what this cartoon will be like (except from what I've seen of a Coyote
> preview, he won't be twiddling his thumb while standing around in the
> desert). This is presumptive to say the least.

Well, there has been talk of a severely watered down live action
Speedy movie (voiced by George Lopez), where Speedy is reimagined as
the crusader of all Mexico.

Have you seen the Tom & Jerry cartoons from the last 10-15 years? The
ones where the two are now nonviolent pals who solve mysteries? In
other words, I can imagine quite a bit of badness being injected into
the mix.

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 3:14 AM, Michael <mikethekn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Changes in attitudes and tone notwithstanding, the new character
> designs are not so different from the reworkings of the classic WB
> cartoon figures who taught the Tiny Toons. In fact, I'd say they
> appear a little closer to the Chuck Jones-era versions than those on
> "Tiny Toon Adventures." The complaints seem like knee-jerk stuff from
> people who need to rant about things.

Admittedly, I'm in a pissy mood, but I'm not complaining about the
visual redesign. I've seen one tiny image, which is neither good nor
bad. It was the line included in the story "Warner Bros. is scheduled
to air new, child-friendly cartoons in the fall of 2010" that got my
goat, as it clearly implies the earlier work was not child-friendly. I
forget which comedian said it first, but there is something inherently
wrong about a society that wants to eliminate fake violence while
keeping the real stuff. If Elmer Fudd is doing anything other than
holding a gun and trying to shoot Bugs or Daffy, or if the Coyote is
doing anything other than getting severely injured while trying to
murder the Roadrunner, then somebody screwed up somewhere.