Michael: Because people are, in fact, generally honest on these things
(not to say there aren't, but you wouldn't be able to build the
massive amount of ad revenue places like Facebook can without having a
reasonable belief that the data provided is accurate.

Where I think this can become more valuable is to attempt to track
what I'd call the "Mad Men" effect. If you look at just the raw
ratings on that show, it's mediocre at best, even amongst cable. But
where this starts filling in the pieces is that the conversations and
chatter about the show, to be able to say, "Yes, the viewership
ratings suck, but there's a very high amount of talk about the show."
South Park is another example. This is where, as PGage noted, there
needs to be an awareness that, yes, the massive conversation about
Glee is going to be coming from adolescents. But you at least can
start adjusting your buy to factor that in.