consider this an acknowledgement and a response, then :P

these are two pretty big issues (tweet IDs and popular tweets in search).
and the silence has been because we're working really hard behind the scenes
to make sure we, ourselves, have weighed all the options on the axes i laid
out, and we feel, given that, that we got it right.  we heard all the
concerns and we know that change, especially sizable change, can be painful
for all.  once we have things finalized, we will definitely be messaging it
to the list.