To be fair to Taylor, we may be expecting too much from his role.

When reading the job description of a Twitter Developer Advocate [1],
the only traditional advocate responsibility listed there is
"Represent developer needs when planning new API features and
changes."

Now, if Taylor conveyed our objections to the Platform team, then he
adequately executed that responsibility. I'm sure he did.

The rest of the responsibilities all speak in a Twitter to Developer
direction, i.e., more a Communicator than an Advocate.

In particular, in the About This Job section, it says, "it is
necessary to have an official voice regularly communicating with the
community," which underlines Communicator instead of Advocate.

[1] http://dld.bz/7Z