Hi Matt and other developers,

If I understand correctly, Promoted Trends are advertisements, and they
aren't necessarily trending topics. Basically what Twitter is trying to
do here is let the desktop clients show Twitter's advertisements as
well? Is there any benefit to the developers and/or the users for doing
this?

Correct me if I am completely wrong (wouldn't be the first time today)
but Twitter is offering it's own advertisements to developers - I don't
see why any developer would implement that.

Tom