Thanks for the info Matt. It is much appreciated.

However, you guys really need to stop doing this type of stuff. The
war on client apps is getting a bit out of control. They grow the
twitter userbase, and dev's helped make twitter what it is and sustain
its growth by offering many different ways to connect on various
devices, with different UI's that lots of users like, and in places
and ways it may not be available otherwise. And some users effected by
these clients going down, will never use twitter again since their
favorite app or site is now gone, they would just rather not mess with
getting a new one and move on.

You dont have to control the market to capitalize on control of the
user base. If more effort was spent on an iAds type program like for
Twitters case could be TwitAds for developers to integrate, then you
would be making much more in the long run. Or even adding in ads to
the API streams with revenue sharing for clients. Then just have a
good standard guideline for UI, data access and usage, then boom, no
more stress of loosing control. No more having to buy Tweetdeck for 50
million because it controls too much. Just add in revenue sharing from
ads and clear guidelines for clients, then your problem is solved. But
the way it is being looked out now is not sustainable or realistic in
todays market from my perspective.

 Developers are scared to death all the time because we know there
will be something new (like this) every other month or so and we are
just waiting for that final one that cuts our legs out from under us
completely. I dont think Twitter should see it as taking away, but the
potential it has to add many more users to the system, and if they
look at revenue differently than just twitter controlling all ads and
clients do their own, they would see a much higher spike in revenue
and clients would have a standard system they could use for their
revenue stream as well. Then if you need to do quality control thats
understandable, just lay out the requirements in simple terms, show
some examples, make them realistic, then we all make money and twitter
continues it growth with the help of Dev's. But without the wealth and
diversity of client apps, you will see slower growth, and less user
engagement.