I once tested uploading a 2 GB file at 44 Mbits/s in a 100 Mbit/s LAN.
Write ahead cache was disabled at the Server's HDD  and the
the disk seemed rather busy, the HDD was probably the bottleneck
that avoided higher speeds.

Make sure you do not have any anti-virus software or a personal
Firewall running, customers frequently reported that upload speed
increased heavily when they killed their background protection.

--
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]