From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dod
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 1:55 PM
To: ICS support mailing
Subject: Re: [twsocket] UDP Newbie...

Hello zayin,

I tried same sample as Wilfried and its OK for me.

Are you sure your port was not in use at the time you tried to start the
program ?

"netstat -an" will show you all opened/listening port.

if none is listening on your port then you application should "listen".

regards.

>>Did you try the code that I have posted?

z> Yes, copy and paste with:

z> ...raised exception ESocketException with message Error 10049 in
z> function bind address not available.

z> Changing the ip address or port does not change the error. It gives
z> the error on the "listen".

z> Minutes later....

z> Now after playing with the settings, changing port, ip address etc it
works.

z> Does not make since.

z> Windows firewall did appear for unblocking permission.

z> Minutes later....

z> Now, back to my testing application and changing connect to listen
z> generates the same error.

z> Going back to connect, all if working again.

z> Something I do not understand is going on.

z> Ciao,

z> Mark

z> -----Original Message-----
z> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
z> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Wilfried Mestdagh
z> Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 12:27 PM
z> To: ICS support mailing
z> Subject: Re: [twsocket] UDP Newbie...

z> Hello Mark,

z> if you look into source code you see that SendStr call Send, so it is
z> exacly the same. I used SendStr just because I was lazy :) I tryed it
z> on a machine with an older version of ICS, but it is exacly same
z> result with latest version. Did you try the code that I have posted?

z> It should work, then try Send or other options.

z> ---
z> Rgds, Wilfried [TeamICS]
z> http://www.overbyte.be/eng/overbyte/teamics.html
z> http://www.mestdagh.biz

z> Sunday, April 6, 2008, 15:34, zayin wrote:

>> Hello,

>> How about with send and not sendStr?

>> That is the only difference I see.

>> And what version of ICS are you using?