From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Wilfried Mestdagh
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 2:24 PM
To: ICS support mailing
Subject: Re: [twsocket] UDP Newbie...

Hello Mark,

Do you have virus software or things like that running? If so stop all
services. It could be that some virus / firewall software does strange
things. Some of those software are very buggy !

---
Rgds, Wilfried [TeamICS]
http://www.mestdagh.biz

Sunday, April 6, 2008, 21:02, zayin wrote:

> Hi,

> The port is not open.

> And yes "should " is the operative word.

> Ciao,

> Mark

z>> Yes, copy and paste with:

z>> ...raised exception ESocketException with message Error 10049 in
z>> function bind address not available.

z>> Changing the ip address or port does not change the error. It gives
z>> the error on the "listen".

z>> Minutes later....

z>> Now after playing with the settings, changing port, ip address etc
z>> it
> works.

z>> Does not make since.

z>> Windows firewall did appear for unblocking permission.

z>> Minutes later....

z>> Now, back to my testing application and changing connect to listen
z>> generates the same error.

z>> Going back to connect, all if working again.

z>> Something I do not understand is going on.

z>> Ciao,

z>> Mark

z>> -----Original Message-----
z>> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
z>> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Wilfried Mestdagh
z>> Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 12:27 PM
z>> To: ICS support mailing
z>> Subject: Re: [twsocket] UDP Newbie...

z>> Hello Mark,

z>> if you look into source code you see that SendStr call Send, so it
z>> is exacly the same. I used SendStr just because I was lazy :) I
z>> tryed it on a machine with an older version of ICS, but it is exacly
z>> same result with latest version. Did you try the code that I have
posted?

z>> It should work, then try Send or other options.

z>> ---
z>> Rgds, Wilfried [TeamICS]
z>> http://www.overbyte.be/eng/overbyte/teamics.html
z>> http://www.mestdagh.biz

z>> Sunday, April 6, 2008, 15:34, zayin wrote:

>>> Hello,

>>> How about with send and not sendStr?

>>> That is the only difference I see.

>>> And what version of ICS are you using?

>>> Cheers,

>>> Mark

z>> unit:

>>> unit Unit1;

>>> interface

>>> uses
>>>   Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics,
>>> Controls,
z>> Forms,
>>>   Dialogs, StdCtrls, WSocket;

>>> type
>>>   TForm1 = class(TForm)
>>>     WSocket1: TWSocket;
>>>     Button1: TButton;
>>>     procedure Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
>>>     procedure WSocket1DataAvailable(Sender: TObject; ErrCode: Word);
>>>     procedure FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
>>>   private
>>>   end;

>>> var
>>>   Form1: TForm1;

>>> implementation

>>> {$R *.dfm}

>>> procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); begin
>>>    AllocConsole;
>>> end;

>>> procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); begin
>>>    WSocket1.Addr := '192.168.0.11';
>>>    WSocket1.Port := '47808';
>>>    WSocket1.Proto := 'udp';
>>>    WSocket1.Listen;
>>>    WSocket1.SendStr('Hello');
>>> end;

>>> procedure TForm1.WSocket1DataAvailable(Sender: TObject; ErrCode:
>>> Word); begin
>>>    WriteLn(TWSocket(Sender).ReceiveStr);
>>> end;

>>> end.