Hi Bruce,

Do you really want the "full" content or do you want the answer? I don't
disagree about Ray W's postings however it stops all the out of office
messages along with a large number of tit for tat postings.

If the zealots wish to continue, they can do it in private. The list
manager used by other lists has a reply-to of the person posting the
message. Personally, I'm a bit sick of the arguments. Some folks think
it is funny but it ties up an inordinate amount of bandwidth.

Your point about the immediate receivers is not really valid. Why does
everybodys reply have to go to everybody on the list? Multiply the
answers this morning by the number of subscribers times the length of
each message and the bandwidth consumed becomes quite large.

I'm not trying to control the delay, just redirect the replies to where
they should go ie. the original message poster. It is then up to he/she
to compose a reasonable summary and post this to the list. We then only
have 2 messages to the list, the question and the answer.

I don't disagree with the INFOCUS indexing however the price is right
and I haven't seen any offers of anything better. It is using another
sites donated bandwidth (AFAIK). I'm sure gmane or something else also
mirrors the list.

Regards

David Logan
Database Administrator