In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Roger Glenfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
Payback during 2nd generation Pick was 10-20 attributes. Back then, the problem was to not oversize because it slowed down the read/writing of the blank attributes.

Didn't we hear/read recently that the new compiler and/or run time machine is keeping track of individual attribute marks in dynamic arrays, so that a full string search is not necessary every time?

Yes. But it only works when stepping through an array in a READNEXT fashion. So if you're accessing fields in random order (as a lot of my code does) you gain nothing.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
'Yings, yow graley yin! Suz ae rikt dheu,' said the blue man, taking the