At 15:22 -0500 2006/03/16, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
My biggest problem with the Useet-style newsgroups is that they are
unmoderated.  There is no one to control the content or administer cyber
spankings when appropriate, nor can offensive content be removed.

Not a problem with a Google group. I would not want to go through the whole process of trying to get a new comp.databases.pick.u2/comp.databases.u2 created or even get the hierarchy reorganized to: comp.databases.multivalue.general, comp.databases.multivalue.d3, comp.databases.multivalue.u2, etc.. Been there, done that.

Usenet groups could be moderated with a minimal amount of effort, but again, I wouldn't want to be a moderator.

Google Groups are slightly different. The group creator can control the membership, delete posts, etc.

As Jerry pointed out, it is easier to have messages pushed to the mailbox
than to have to pull them from a website.

Not a problem with a Google Group.

I'm subscribed for digest reading, and I really appreciate being able to receive the digests for several reasons, primarily:

Google Groups have two different digest modes. So you won't lose this feature of typical mailing lists.

Ray

--
| =-=-=-=-=-=-= Eagle Rock Information Systems Corp =-=-=-=-=-=-= |