Mark,

We just went through a conversion from a UV box and can help you if you haven't already been overwhelmed by responses.

Contact me at 919 567-0042 or at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Will
American Computer Technics, Inc.

MAJ Programming wrote:
All:

I have a client running UV on SCO on a 486/Pentium-1 looking box. They would
like to move everything to a contemporary box.

While I don't create systems, I would like some suggestions on which kind of
W2000-class server to hold a 5 user version of UV. I don't want to switch
databases to UD or D3 etc as the $ isn't there for the conversion (me).

Unless absolutely imperative, I do not want a unix-based system.

I would also be in the market for some phone-based assistance on the backup as
it's done through an automated process in the UV app and I'm not that familiar
with UV/UD backups or restores. One thing I would like would be to resize
(down) most of the data files. I think it is a dds4 tape.

I'm even game for a gently-used smaller system.

Thanks in advance
Mark Johnson