I felt the same way with that part of the test. I have never seen a need
for some of the conversion codes described because there is usually
something less obscure and more descriptive (English like) that can be
used. Now for some programmers the formats and conversions in the test
may be used but I have worked for companies in manufacturing, education,
banking, and accounting and some of the conversions in the test I would
never and have never used.
Jerry

IBM