I'm not involved with the end-user's site admin, just working
with them to try to figure out why UO.NET wasn't working.
However, since we're on the topic...

Try this in a scratch account:
1) DELETE.FILE VOCLIB
2) CREATE.FILE VOCLIB <enter>  Set dict and data as Type 1.
3) At the file system level, move the D_VOCLIB and VOCLIB
directories to some location like C:\COMMON.
4) AE VOC VOCLIB and set as:
  001= F
  002= C:\COMMON\VOCLIB
  003= C:\COMMON\D_VOCLIB

Not only will that still work with your Remote commands but you
should be able to put that same VOCLIB pointer in any account to
share all of your special paragraphs through the entire system.
Sure, you can do this with a Q-pointer as well, but having VOCLIB
as a DIR-type file adds to that, allowing you to maintain the
file from outside of Universe itself - which is what I meant by
"creative administration".

I'm not advocating any particular practice, just explaining what
I think the client is doing.  Given all of this the interesting
thing is that UO.NET complains if VOCLIB (might be dict or data
or both) is not physically located in the directory tree, in-line
with VOC.  I thought this was pretty weird since to my limited
knowledge, VOCLIB isn't anything special, just a standardized
target for Remote command items, and any filename in any location
"should" be acceptable.

Can anyone with a clue shed light on this?

Thanks.

From: Bob Wyatt