Hear hear.  And now that this Microsoft-centric mentality has spread to
management, I am concerned that there will be serious consequences down
the road.  I just heard that the US power grid control systems have been
hacked.  Imagine if the US were invaded and the power grid was taken down
at the same time.  I am only guessing but the fact that the system was
compromised makes me think two things.
1.  It is physically contected to the Internet.  (Bad idea #1).
2.  It was Windows-based. (Bad idea #2)   Can an easy to access system be
secure?  Isn't that an oxymoron?

Charles Shaffer
Senior Analyst
NTN-Bower Corporation