From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Don
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 9:21 PM
To: 'U2 Users List'
Subject: [U2] Unidata 7.1.9 and .Net DLL

Does anyone know if you can hook/link a .NET dll (Managed code) into Unidata
7.1.9 (Windows).

I know you can with COM .DLL by creating an "E" type voc entry.
Sample COM DLL Voc entry
<1> E
<2> E:\Vertex\VertexUtils\VertexDriver.DLL
<3> v_LocConnect
<4> POINTER
<5> CHAR_PTR
<6> CHAR_PTR
<7> CHAR_PTR
<8> CHAR_PTR
<9> INT

I was hoping to update the VertexDriver.DLL (Currently COM/_cdecl) to a .Net
dll. I really hate writing c code.

David Wolverton, you out there? I know you have some experience writing c ->
Vertex utils.

I may just end up writing a webservice to handle this and have Unidata call
the webservice.

Just want to check before I start writing this.

Thanks for any assistance.

Donald Verhagen
u2-usersrem...@thissoutheast-florida.com