>> My client is reporting the periodic slow down of their system.  It
slows
>> down to almost the point of a hang.  This affects both existing
processes
>> (menu selections, data entry, reports) and logins.  Their system admins
>> (IBM) reports that it is a Universe or application problem.

Curt,

We have been experiencing slowdowns on some servers residing on virtual
machines.  So far, we are not certain, but we are beginning to suspect
that we are overloading the network card on our virtual machine.  We often
see slowness on a web server for example and when we check resources it
looks OK, but pings are slow and sometimes time out the request.
Frequently, when we see the slowness on the guests it is followed by our
Domino server (also on the VM) becoming unresponsive.  This made us think
network since the Domino server is very network intensive.

This may turn out to not be the case, but it is something to consider.

Charles Shaffer
Senior Analyst
NTN-Bower Corporation