In a message dated 4/17/2004 10:21:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> AFIK, "Visage" offers users a GUI in a TOTAL WINDOWS LOOK AND
> FEEL/BROWSER environment, without having to do a "total rewrite", but a
> "rewrite" none the less, re-using some portions, perhaps, of existing
> code.   "Visage" seems to be more than a user interface.   It's also
> supposedly (sorry, Ross, I've got no experience in "Visage") a much less
> involved NEW development environment....
>
> Other MV so-called "GUI" approaches, (AccuTerm and wIntegrate scripts, for
> example) are offering the user a GUI with an almost-modern Windows look and
> feel, but without the bells and whistles, and are offering a GUI by
> applying Band-Aids to existing code.   I really don't think that's a
> "development environment".    I don't think "new development" is covered by
> this approach.

What?  How exactly do you get this?
A script is not an "almost modern Windows look and feel"... it is the look
and feel.
The script calls windows exectuables underneath it, thats how it works.
If a programmer chooses not to utilize all the various objects and methods
etc that Accuterm reveals, thats their own choice, not the fault of the product.

I'm not sure exactly how Visage is that much better than Accuterm in that
regard.
Are you?
Will