Can we call it something with better connotations than "The Herd?"

I mean, the democrats lost, badly, for the past 8 years because they
failed to correctly frame (http://tiny.cc/frame448) their viewpoints
and evoke the right emotions, until Barak got them all excited with
his rhetoric.

It's hard to get excited about being a cow : (


Oh, and now we should get back on topic : )
-Zak

On Nov 4, 6:39 am, "Abimanyu Raja" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Haha..yes. We should do that.
>
> 2008/11/4 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > Why not get Ubiquity on addons.mozilla.com in the first place?
>
> > On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Abimanyu Raja <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
> >> Yep, the social aspects like on addons.mozilla.com should also be part of
> >> The Herd, imo.
>
> >> I agree with Gary. That's why I wanted to include improving performance as
> >> a major goal. Specifically, the tickets he mentioned, adding back old
> >> features and replacing the annotation service. Regarding planning for 0.2, 
> >> I
> >> think it's just about setting the long term goals. In the end, they have to
> >> be broken to smaller milestones as Aza said. So, I think that performance
> >> issues, a goal for 0.2, should probably be the focus for 0.1.4 (assuming
> >> 0.1.3 is focused on skinning). Or we should swap the focuses. 0.1.3 should
> >> be for performance issues. I would really like the context menu and
> >> noun-first suggestions back. And of course, we should really try not to
> >> break people's current behavior (esp. noun-first suggestions).
>
> >> I feel like we need to delegate work (at least for a few key issues) to
> >> make faster progress.
>
> >> - Abi
>
> >> 2008/11/4 Gary Hodgson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >> Hi guys,
>
> >>> Whilst some of the goals for 0.2 sound fun, in my opinion there are some
> >>> fundamentals that perhaps should be addressed beforehand.  For example,
> >>> reintroducing functionality that was lost with 0.1.2 (e.g. tickets #358,
> >>> #359 & #394 are some I raised about this :-), stabilising the codebase, 
> >>> and
> >>> addressing performance. Something else that really needs addressing is the
> >>> trust-network and the way commands are subscribed to. I've read a few blog
> >>> posts, and received a couple of emails, saying that the major factor that 
> >>> is
> >>> stopping people from adopting Ubiquity is the security risk of subscribing
> >>> to new commands.
>
> >>> Perhaps these are planned for a prior release, but considering 0.1.2 was
> >>> about 6 weeks late, and 0.1.3 still has 28 active tickets, planning 0.2 
> >>> for
> >>> the end of 2008 seems a little over-ambitious. I don't want to rain on the
> >>> parade - I love hacking away at new stuff with the best of them - but
> >>> without some core stability I think the user base will lose interest and
> >>> we'll be left with an interesting toy for a handful of people, but no
> >>> wide-spread adoption.
>
> >>> Of course this is only my take on things, and perhaps not seeing the
> >>> bigger picture :-)  I hope these comments are taken in a positive way.
>
> >>> Cheers
>
> >>> Gary
>
> >>> On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 6:10 PM, Fernando Takai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >>> > wrote:
>
> >>>> Yes, but herd needs to be improved. For example, we need to add social
> >>>> features like rating, commenting -- and we need to have a place to host
> >>>> commands, like gist, but ours.
>
> >>>> On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Dean Landolt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
> >>>>> On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Fernando Takai <
> >>>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >>>>>> Ubiquity planet is like an addon.firefox.com for commands (if im not
> >>>>>> mistaken).
>
> >>>>> Wouldn't that be the Herd?
>
> >>>>> Typically planets are just aggregators for specific communities of
> >>>>> interest [1] -- so of people that often blog about Ubiquity, it's just 
> >>>>> one
> >>>>> central place that pulls in those posts. Unless you mean something else,
> >>>>> Aza?
>
> >>>>> [1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_(software)<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_%28software%29>
>
> >>>> --
> >>>> Fernando "Takai"
> >>>>http://flickr.com/photos/supeertakai
> >>>>http://fernandotakai.wordpress.com
> >>>>http://fernandotakai.jaiku.com
>
> > --
> > Mayuresh
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"ubiquity-firefox" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/ubiquity-firefox?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to