Yah, I know, I said I'm giving up, but have trouble doing that.  LOL.

When I put 12.04 onto a flash drive, I used the unetbootin program, and gave the system as much persistent space as the drive's capacity will allow. When I start the resulting system, I never get the chance to choose an accessible session (no drums or music ever sound). Should I do something differently when making the usb system? I start with the Precise desktop, found in the dailylive directory. Below is how I invoke unetbootin to make this system (ignore line breaks).

Any thoughts?

Dave

sudo unetbootin method=diskimage isofile=/home/dave/Downloads/precise-desktop-i386.iso installtype=USB targetdrive=/dev/sdb persistentspace=9999 autoinstall=yes