Op 23-mei-2006, om 10:24 heeft Henrik Nilsen Omma het volgende geschreven:

Thanks to all those who participated in the voting and helped bring this to a conclusion. I asked you to vote for one usplash option and three wallpapers and theme options. To rank the latter two I have used a simple weighting system of 5:3:1, where the top choice gets a weight of 5x, the second 3x and the third 1x. Ideally I should have defined this system before the voting started. I've attached a spreadsheet with the raw figures, and as I've said if someone wants to see the emails I can arrange that.

Usplash -- 10 voters
===============

0_8_SCALED    7  - WINNER
Tangerine    2
ubuntu-logo-dark    1

Themes -- 10 voters
=================

Resilience - 15 points
Gray - 13 points
Human Legacy - 11 points

Wallpapers -- 5 voters
==============

Simple Human - 11 points
Dawn of Ubuntu - 8 points
Ubuntu Chocolate - 6 points

http://art.ubuntu.com/backgrounds/ubuntu/107
http://art.ubuntu.com/backgrounds/ubuntu/64
http://art.ubuntu.com/backgrounds/ubuntu/39

- Henrik

All excellent choices, I'd say. I'm glad that Human Legacy was voted for, since it's an awesome skin and a bit of Ubuntu history too. Kind of bummed that Silicon didn't make it, but the other themes are also great alternatives. Resilience is the coolest Smooth Engine skin, I'd say, so I'm also glad we picked that. And, of course, my usplash. Now that's some portfolio material, don't you recon? :)

So then I guess we're probably all ready for launch now, as far as art is concerned.

By the way, I'll update the wiki to mention that voting is closed. I don't, unfortunately, have access to the spreadsheet you just sent since I'm at work at the moment. Maybe you could post that in the wiki as wiki markup?

Michiel