Op 23-mei-2006, om 15:00 heeft Who het volgende geschreven:

Yes, there was a lot of confusion about what 'Internal' and 'External'
meant - so the idea rather faltered. As it is I don't really know
which are what - I know neither of the 'orignal Internal themes made
it...

That's information we should really also just post on the wiki. One major difference that I see between the Ubuntu wiki and Wikipedia, which I'll use to compare with since it's such an incredibly good wiki, is that due to its encyclopedic nature, people tend to explain things really well. Instead of saying "we will conduct a vote via e- mail to decide on the internal and external themes", it should be written "Since Ubuntu 6.06 is nearing release, we'll have to timely decide on which themes are to be included in the system by default; the Tangerine theme is the theme that everybody will use after a clean install, but what if someone would like to use a different one? There are a whole bunch of nice themes created by both people from the Ubuntu community ("internal" themes) and on gnome-look.org ("external" themes). We may select a total of three extra themes in addition to Tangerine (the old default theme from Breezy, LegacyHuman, is not included by default as of yet; you may want to vote for that as well if you would like to keep it in). Vote by mailing your first, second, and third choice. First choices weigh heavier than second and third choices, so put your favorite theme as number one." - it takes a while longer to write, but if something like this had been written on a central wiki page which everybody would know to find, there would not have been any confusion at all.

Of course, just mailing this to the mailing list would also have worked, but I used the wiki as example since I feel it's an extremely useful system that we're not using to its fullest potential.

Michiel