Troy James Sobotka wrote:
> Strengths:
>  * Unified -- especially the orange set.

While such a unification might be good from the artists point of view
it's not that good for usability. Three primary characteristics by which
humans distinguish things are form, color and pattern. These icons
eliminate form recognition (they are all round) and the orange set
eliminates color recognition as well!

While this may seem highly theoretic but I can assure that it's true in
practice. I use emblems a lot for designating not only my photos, docs
and music folder but also my different programming projects. Current
icons work just great, I almost never think even a millisecond before
clicking the right folder. New icons make me fill like I suddenly become
blind :-(

I'm sorry if I sound a bit harsh... The icons themselves are beautiful
but they aren't usable...