Ivan Sagalaev wrote:
While such a unification might be good from the artists point of view
it's not that good for usability. Three primary characteristics by which
humans distinguish things are form, color and pattern. These icons
eliminate form recognition (they are all round) and the orange set
eliminates color recognition as well!

Ah - this is a very good point. I wonder if we can test that in any way? I didn't like the non-Orange set so much because I wasn't sure of the palette (especially the grey circles). But I see what you mean about the importance of colour and form for differentiation.

Mark