snippy snip:

>         I'm not going to code a fully themeable GL face-browser for gdm and
> hack a ton on gdmsetup. That would make the work ahead of me explode.
> Furthermore I also don't want to make to heavy "intrusions" in gdm's
> overall framework. I want to make one part of gdm sweet, sexy and
> simple... and finish on time :)

Sorry, I should have made clear I was thinking much wider than just
the GDM screen here!  If you get the face browser done, _then_ it is
another argument for someone else (or you, who knows) to implement a
UI setup for Ubuntu...

The same idea applies to the comments snipped about usplash etc - I
was just throwing all my ideas in :)

Good luck for the coding,

Who