2008/11/28 Cory K. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Michael Stephenson wrote:
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-art/2008-September/007923.html
> > "As de-facto community lead atm I wanna give this effort a big +1."
> >
> > Sounds like you were taking the position as community leader at that
> > point to me, considering it wasn't you announcing Kyu-do
>
> I understand your whole opinion now hinged on that one line,
> half-hearted, joking at the time comment. Something most wouldn't have
> known for sure. After that, I had started to think about it, but quickly
> realized it would be a waste of my time now. In the end, I'm not leader
> here. I'm just some ass with an opinion like everyone else. :P Nobody is
> lead because nobody can follow IMO. The few that can know who they are
> and we all talk to each other off-list. Sorry. May sound like a shitty
> opinion but but I just have too many examples. Too many wasted emails.

For one start you should have made your role clear after basically
announcing leadership, I just follow this list, here and there when I have
time to read and at the time in the development cycle when things seem most
pertinent, and that was a pertinent line at a pertinent time (and the rest
of your posting behaviour reflected it at the time, understandably).
But that doesn't change the fact that your are the most authoritative figure
on this list, and being quite nasty to every new comer on this list isn't
exactly inviting.

> Much wasted time trying to do, *something*.
>
> I'm still in favor of a moderated list for people who actually have some
> kinda cred to back up their opinion.

You seem to find that you being a dick to people is a medium to keep away
people who are serious about creating art, like that is some massive
contribution. Admittedly I am ridiculously inept at anything artistic. But
there are surely alot of very artistic people who think "well I can't code,
so I can contribute artistically" then join to the ubuntu art list, feel
your wrath and then keep quiet rather than disrupt your precious order.

I'm just saying Cory "You'll catch alot more Bees with honey than Vinegar"

Now please don't hurt me

Mick