Mat Tomaszewski wrote:
> mac_v wrote:
>>

> That would be very true if we could make sure the progress bar behaves
> predictably, another words - the progress indication is stable. The
> value of a progress bar that slows down and stops, accelerates, slows
> down again, etc. is not really very high. Since we couldn't ensure the
> consistent behaviour, we decided to use a throbber instead.
>
> Using a throbber has the following advantages:
>  - it gives the impression of stability and predictability
>  - users will quickly learn how many iterations would occur before boot
> completes, which makes the boot speed easy to track (and helps
> appreciate the *constant* boot performace of Ubuntu!).

I expected this reply ,*to the word* ;)
and i dont really expect the team to change back to the progressbar.

just my 2 cents >  it seems rather than fixing this problem , which
surely you would have already tried , you are working around the problem.
kindly dont simplify it!

When you stick with the progress bar and focus on making it right it can
surely be done. if you replace it with the throbber no-one will put any
effort into it! it will never be made consistent if we are going to find
easier workarounds.

I'd say stick with it and focus on making it right.

>> 2- the color of the background is dull , pls choose a more vibrant color.
>>

> Any suggestions what particular colour we could use and why?
>
> Thanks!
> M.

Why? The present color is dull/bland/boring and not visually exciting.

Either of these colors:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Karmic/Boot#Submission%20Brown%20-%20#2
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Karmic/Boot#Iteration%203
  or any other color with is more visually stimulating

cheers,
mac_v