mac_v wrote:
> Anton Kerezov wrote:
>
>> I really don't understand you guys. You should be happy that something
>> is happening and it looks cool and matches every possible theme the user
>> might choose afterwords because it is as neutral as possible (B&W). I
>> can't see how the current GDM is better that the proposed one? The new
>> style just feels modern and will definitely not be liked by many but
>> many others will enjoy it. That is just a start and if implemented it
>> will develop and become better over time just as every theme, program or
>> whatever product. As this is only a mockup we will have to wait for a
>> real release to be able to criticise more.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Anton's right in that one of the aims was to make the theme more
adaptable. He's also right in that the proposed design may spark some
controversy. That could be a good thing, but we also have to be careful,
therefore we really value your feedback, especially if it's critical.

I'm CC'ing Otto Greenslade, who created the current visual concept of
the splash screen, I'm sure he'll be interested in joining the debate.

Thanks again,

Mat